Church of St Leonard, Streatham High Road, Streatham SW16 - Lambeth

Designed by J Parkin built in 1841 with chancel added in 1862 designed by Benjamin Ferrey. The lower part of the tower and the spiral stair date from the mid-C14. The church was burnt out in 1975, repaired and re-ordered by Douglas Feast. The aisle roofs and nave roof have been re-slated and the flat roofs either side of the tower re-roofed along with stucco repairs carried out to the north side in 2015 and to the south side in 2018 both with funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Works are currently underway to underpin and repair the north porch which has suffered severe cracking.

Church of St Leonard, Streatham High Road, Streatham SW16 - Lambeth
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1100267
    Local Planning Authority:
    Lambeth
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Leonard
    Street Name:
    Streatham High Road
    Locality:
    Streatham
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Lambeth
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Streatham
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    F - Repair scheme in progress and (where applicable) end use or user identified; or functionally redundant buildings with new use agreed but not yet implemented.
    Previous Priority:
    F
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA