Church of St James, Haworth Road Crossroads, Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury - Bradford

Parish church of 1909 to 1910 designed by JB Bailey & Son of Keighley. The building comprises nave with north and south aisles; chancel with organ chamber, vestry and sacristy and a north west porch which was to have formed the lowest stage of a tower that was never built. Aisle windows incorporate modern stained glass. Aisle roofs, rainwater goods and clerestory windows were repaired in 2016 with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund's Grants for Places of Worship scheme. High-level roofs have subsequently deteriorated and require a further phase of repair.

Church of St James, Haworth Road Crossroads, Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury - Bradford
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST JAMES
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1266785
  • Local Planning Authority: Bradford
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St James
  • Street Name: Haworth Road Crossroads
  • County: West Yorkshire
  • District / Borough: Bradford
  • Parish: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Keighley
  • Region: Yorkshire

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

Zoe Kemp 01904 601911

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England