New Parish Church of St Andrew, Church Lane, Kingsbury NW9 - Brent

Built 1847 in Wells Street in London’s West End, designed by Guy Daukes. It fell into disuse and in 1933 was dismantled and rebuilt in Kingsbury. The interior was reconstructed in its entirety apart from the north and south galleries, and has works commissioned from many leading C19 architects and artists. Holding works have been carried out to the spire, which has suffered from rust jacking. The roofs are slate with valley and parapet gutters lined in asphalt, which is now failing and water penetration is resulting in the decay of roof timbers and damage to plaster and paint finishes.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    NEW PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1078874
    Local Planning Authority:
    Brent
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    New Parish Church of St Andrew
    Street Name:
    Church Lane
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Brent
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Brent Central
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA

Contact Details

Tracey Craig 020 7973 3756