Church of St Andrew, Haw Lane, Yeadon and Guiseley - Leeds

Church by Thomas and Francis Healey dating to 1890 to 1891 in the Arts and Crafts Perpendicular style. Distinctive octagonal bell turret with wooden traceried bellcote and ogival cap. Chancel and vestry roofs, bellcote, rainwater goods and glazing repaired with grant offered under Heritage Lottery Fund and Historic England's Repair Grants for Places of Worship scheme. A further phase of work is required to repair the nave, south aisle and transept roofs.

Church of St Andrew, Haw Lane, Yeadon and Guiseley - Leeds
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1313171
  • Local Planning Authority: Leeds
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Andrew
  • Street Name: Haw Lane
  • Locality: Yeadon and Guiseley
  • County: West Yorkshire
  • District / Borough: Leeds
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Leeds North West
  • Region: Yorkshire

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA

Contact Details

Zoe Kemp 01904 601911

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England