Church of St Peter, Pipe and Lyde, Pipe and Lyde - Herefordshire, County of (UA)

Small parish church set at the end of a village and facing the A49. Late C12 nave and C14 chancel largely rebuilt by F Kempson in 1874 who also added the broach spire to the C13 tower. The roof needs repair and work is also needed to the tower. A Heritage Lottery Fund and Historic England Repair Grant for Places of Worship was awarded in 2012 but only development works were undertaken as there was no match funding to undertake the repairs.

Church of St Peter, Pipe and Lyde, Pipe and Lyde - Herefordshire, County of (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: Church of St Peter
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II*
  • List Entry Number: 1172739
  • Local Planning Authority: Herefordshire, County of (UA)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Peter
  • Unitary Authority: Herefordshire, County of (UA)
  • Parish: Pipe and Lyde
  • Parliamentary Constituency: North Herefordshire
  • Region: West Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: D
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II*

Contact Details

Chris Miners 0121 625 6835

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England