Parish Church of St Aidan, Herbert Road B10, Birmingham - Birmingham

Designed by TF Proud in 1893, this church is an example of local red bricks and buff terracotta, designed in the Perpendicular style with a lofty nave and clearstory windows. Two further bays and the apsidal baptistery were added in 1898. The nave north roof is in poor condition with many slipped tiles. Rainwater goods are also in poor condition. The church building suffers from dampness and the base of some of the columns show the presence of salt efflorescence.

Parish Church of St Aidan, Herbert Road B10, Birmingham - Birmingham
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    ANGLICAN CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (FORMERLY ST AIDEN)
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1343050
    Local Planning Authority:
    Birmingham
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Parish Church of St Aidan
    Street Name:
    Herbert Road B10
    Locality:
    Birmingham
    County:
    West Midlands
    District / Borough:
    Birmingham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Birmingham, Ladywood
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*