Church of St Andrew, Southbridge Road - Croydon

Church dating from 1857 by Benjamin Ferrey, with aisles added in 1879, chancel rebuilt and Lady Chapel added in 1891 designed by HB Walton. The church has been re-ordered internally. The unusual bellcote feature has been dismantled due to its poor structural condition and needs to be reinstated. Works are also required to the rainwater goods and stonework.

Church of St Andrew, Southbridge Road - Croydon
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1079305
    Local Planning Authority:
    Croydon
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Andrew
    Street Name:
    Southbridge Road
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Croydon
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Croydon Central
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Fair
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II