Church of St Helen, Main Road, Theddlethorpe St. Helen - East Lindsey

This parish church dates from the C14; C15 tower constructed of squared green sandstone with limestone bands, chancel and aisles were rebuilt by SS Teulon in 1866 using mixed stone rubble. Clerestory stonework is eroding and render lumps are falling onto south aisle roof. East nave wall is holed; stone fall has damaged the chancel roof slating. Gutters and downpipes are in very bad condition and are not discharging water away from the building. South nave rainwater is eroding south aisle buttress stonework.

Church of St Helen, Main Road, Theddlethorpe St. Helen - East Lindsey
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST HELEN
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II*
  • List Entry Number: 1147259
  • Local Planning Authority: East Lindsey
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Helen
  • Street Name: Main Road
  • County: Lincolnshire
  • District / Borough: East Lindsey
  • Parish: Theddlethorpe St. Helen
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Louth and Horncastle
  • Region: East Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: A
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II*

Contact Details

Ben Robinson 01480 412107

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England