Ukrainian Catholic Church (Former All Saints), All Saints Street, Bolton - Bolton

Church of 1869 by George Edmund Street in an Early English Gothic style. The church has a Nave of four bays with lean-to aisles, three light lancet windows per bay and plate traceried lights to the clerestory. It is in regular use by the Ukrainian Catholic Church. Located on an elevated site, this could be the reason why there has been some movement to both the western porch and the north eastern vestry. The subsidence appears to be live, with some open masonry joints, probably due to inadequate foundations when the extensions were added shortly after the initial construction.

Ukrainian Catholic Church (Former All Saints), All Saints Street, Bolton - Bolton
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1387858
    Local Planning Authority:
    Bolton
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Ukrainian Catholic Church (Former All Saints)
    Street Name:
    All Saints Street
    Locality:
    Bolton
    County:
    Greater Manchester
    District / Borough:
    Bolton
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Bolton North East
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II