Church of St Ives, Leadgate, Consett - County Durham (UA)

A large stone church of 1865-8 by the architect, Charles Hodgson Fowler. Roofing works were completed in 2017 with a Listed Places of Worship Roof Repairs Grant. There is structural movement at the east end of the building, together with open joints and deep pockets of stone erosion to other areas of external walling. Funding options are being explored for investigatory works and repairs.

Church of St Ives, Leadgate, Consett - County Durham (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST IVES
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1240559
    Local Planning Authority:
    County Durham (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Ives
    Street Name:
    St Ives Road
    Locality:
    Consett
    Unitary Authority:
    County Durham (UA)
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    North West Durham
    Region:
    North East and Yorkshire

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II