Church of St Cuthbert, Blackburn Road, Darwen - Blackburn with Darwen (UA)

Church of 1878, by Paley and Austin, completed 1907-8. Yellow sandstone with pink bands, slate roof. West tower, aisled nave, chancel with north vestry and south chapel in eclectic Gothic style. The stained glass window to the main road was rebuilt and repaired under the Historic England / National Lottery Heritage Fund Repair Grants for Places of Worship scheme in 2015. Further work is required to address issues of damp and water ingress.

Church of St Cuthbert, Blackburn Road, Darwen - Blackburn with Darwen (UA)
© Buttress

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1072434
    Local Planning Authority:
    Blackburn with Darwen (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Cuthbert
    Street Name:
    Blackburn Road
    Locality:
    Darwen
    Unitary Authority:
    Blackburn with Darwen (UA)
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Rossendale and Darwen
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II