St Luke, Blakenhall - Wolverhampton, City of

Gothic Revival church building by GT Robinson of Leamington in polychromatic brickwork erected in 1860. The decorated spire is a local landmark in the Blakenhall area. Dry rot was addressed some years ago, however the roof and rainwater goods are in poor condition. The church was closed and sold in October 2017 and proposals for use as an antique centre are in development.

St Luke, Blakenhall - Wolverhampton, City of
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST LUKE
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1293038
    Local Planning Authority:
    Wolverhampton, City of
    Site Type:
    Commercial

Location

    Building Name:
    St Luke
    Street Name:
    Upper Villiers Street
    Locality:
    Wolverhampton
    County:
    West Midlands
    District / Borough:
    Wolverhampton, City of
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Wolverhampton South East
    Region:
    West Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Commercial company