Engine House and Boiler House at Mill Meece Pumping Station, Standon - Stafford

Former pumping station built c.1914 for the Staffordshire Potteries Waterworks Company. It now operates as a museum. The building was designed by William Campbell and constructed by Thomas Godwin and Son. The engine house and boiler house form part of an exceptionally complete pumping station site in which the integrated process of water pumping is still readable. Works are ongoing to repair damage to the boilers caused by asbestos removal, this is intended to enable the steam engines to be used once more. Roof repairs are also needed.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Engine House and Boiler House at Mill Meece Pumping Station
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1039047
    Local Planning Authority:
    Stafford
    Site Type:
    Industrial > Water regulation installation

Location

    Building Name:
    Engine House and Boiler House at Mill Meece Pumping Station
    County:
    Staffordshire
    District / Borough:
    Stafford
    Parish:
    Standon
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Stone
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Occupied/in use
    Priority:
    E - Under repair or in fair to good repair, but no user identified; or under threat of vacancy with no obvious new user (applicable only to buildings capable of beneficial use)
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Utility

Contact Details

Benjamin Parker 0121 6256838