United Reformed Church, Chapel Lane, Barton-upon-Humber - North Lincolnshire (UA)

Chapel and adjoining manse erected by the Barton Independent congregation in 1806. The oldest surviving Independent chapel in Lincolnshire with its original seating still intact. Constructed of locally-made red brick with rubbed brick and stone dressings. The roof of the chapel is clad in Welsh slate. The manse is occupied and being repaired. The chapel is in very bad condition and is currently without a use. A condition survey has been produced.

United Reformed Church, Chapel Lane, Barton-upon-Humber - North Lincolnshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    United Reformed Church, Adjoining Manse And Attached Front Wall
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1051598
    Local Planning Authority:
    North Lincolnshire (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

    Building Name:
    United Reformed Church
    Unitary Authority:
    North Lincolnshire (UA)
    Parish:
    Barton-upon-Humber
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Cleethorpes
    Region:
    East Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Private
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II*, CA