Augustus Ralli Mortuary Chapel, Norwood Road, West Norwood Memorial Park SE27 - Lambeth

Doric temple mortuary chapel circa 1872, attributed to J Oldrid Scott, within the Greek Burial Ground and known as St Stephen's Chapel. Built of white and gold coloured fossiliferous limestone. The chapel is in poor condition due to subsidence, collapsed steps and internal water damage. The National Lottery Heritage Fund has awarded the Local Authority a grant under the Parks for People programme which includes funds towards restoring priority monuments. Discussions are now underway regarding the necessary repair works which are anticipated to start in 2020.

Augustus Ralli Mortuary Chapel, Norwood Road, West Norwood Memorial Park SE27 - Lambeth
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    WEST NORWOOD MEMORIAL PARK AUGUSTUS RALLI MORTURY CHAPEL IN THE GREEK BURIAL GROUND
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1064989
    Local Planning Authority:
    Lambeth
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

    Building Name:
    Augustus Ralli Mortuary Chapel
    Street Name:
    Norwood Road
    Locality:
    West Norwood Memorial Park
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Lambeth
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Dulwich and West Norwood
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Not applicable
    Priority:
    D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Unknown
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II*, RPG grade II*, CA