Remains of Trentham Hall, the Grand Entrance and Orangery, Park Drive, Trentham Gardens, Swynnerton - Stafford

The remains of a country house dated between 1833 and 1842 by Sir Charles Barry and an orangery of 1808, all situated in a C18 and C19 park by Lancelot Brown. Although the adjacent Italian gardens have been successfully restored, the existing Grade II* structures remain at risk. The buildings continue to deteriorate with no strategy being identified by the owner for their repair or reuse.

Remains of Trentham Hall, the Grand Entrance and Orangery, Park Drive, Trentham Gardens, Swynnerton - Stafford
© Historic England Archive

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    REMAINS OF TRENTHAM HALL THE GRAND ENTRANCE AND ORANGERY
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1190243
    Local Planning Authority:
    Stafford
    Site Type:
    Domestic > Country house

Location

    Building Name:
    Remains of Trentham Hall
    Street Name:
    Park Drive
    Locality:
    Trentham Gardens
    County:
    Staffordshire
    District / Borough:
    Stafford
    Parish:
    Swynnerton
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Stone
    Region:
    West Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Commercial company
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II*, RPG grade II*, CA