St Lawrence's Church (former), High Street, Brentford - Hounslow

Former C15 church tower, with nave dating from 1764 by Thomas Hardwick and later Victorian additions. The building has been empty since the 1960s and stripped of its fittings. Extensive stonework repairs are needed, along with works to the roof and rainwater goods. Proposals for a wider waterside development, including repair and restoration of the church and its re-use were approved in December 2014. Repairs have stabilised the building until its full repair and conversion, expected in 2019-2020.

St Lawrence's Church (former), High Street, Brentford - Hounslow
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1080302
    Local Planning Authority:
    Hounslow
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    St Lawrence's Church (former)
    Street Name:
    High Street
    Locality:
    Brentford
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Hounslow
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Brentford and Isleworth
    Region:
    London

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    B
    Ownership:
    Commercial company
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II*, CA