Central offices at Custom House, Royal Albert Dock E16 - Newham

Offices, built in 1883 to the design of Vigers and Wagstaffe in the manner of Norman Shaw. Now owned by the London Development Agency and part of Royals Business Park. Security has been improved and some emergency repairs undertaken. Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent have been granted for restoration and use as a restaurant as part of the wider Royals Business Park development of Albert Dock.

Central offices at Custom House, Royal Albert Dock E16 - Newham
© Historic England Archive

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    DOCK MANAGER's OFFICES
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1376228
    Local Planning Authority:
    Newham
    Site Type:
    Commercial > Office

Location

    Building Name:
    Central offices at Custom House
    Street Name:
    Royal Albert Dock
    Postcode:
    E16
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Newham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    East Ham
    Region:
    London

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Fair
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    F - Repair scheme in progress and (where applicable) end use or user identified; or functionally redundant buildings with new use agreed but not yet implemented.
    Previous Priority:
    F
    Ownership:
    Commercial company