The Clapham Orangery, Worsopp Drive SW4 - Lambeth

Orangery built in 1793 to the design of William Burgh, in a Palladian style. It stood in the grounds of Thornton House, demolished in the 1940s. Now standing in the middle of a housing estate. Discussions regarding maintenance of the roof and rainwater goods have commenced.

The Clapham Orangery, Worsopp Drive SW4 - Lambeth
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    FORMER ORANGERY PORTICO TO NORTH OF COMINS HOUSE
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1068843
    Local Planning Authority:
    Lambeth
    Site Type:
    Gardens parks and urban spaces > Garden building

Location

    Building Name:
    The Clapham Orangery
    Street Name:
    Worsopp Drive
    Postcode:
    SW4
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Lambeth
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Streatham
    Region:
    London

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Fair
    Occupancy / Use:
    Not applicable
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Local authority