Chapel House, 497, Blackfen Road, Sidcup - Bexley

An eye-catcher built as part of the layout of Danson Park, circa 1761 and attributed to Lancelot 'Capability' Brown. The Chapel House is now separated from the park by the A2 trunk road and modern houses. The owner continues to maintain the building and carried out vegetation clearance in 2017 and discussed render repairs with the Local Authority. A previously consented scheme was not implemented and there are no immediate plans to bring the building back into use.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHAPEL HOUSE
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1064248
    Local Planning Authority:
    Bexley
    Site Type:
    Gardens parks and urban spaces > Garden building

Location

    Building Name:
    Chapel House
    Street Number:
    497
    Street Name:
    Blackfen Road
    Locality:
    Sidcup
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Bexley
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Old Bexley and Sidcup
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Fair
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    E
    Ownership:
    Commercial company

Contact Details

Alex Csicsek (LPA) 020 3045 3317