Church of St Andrew, Wolferlow - Herefordshire, County of (UA)

St Andrew's is an early C12 church restored in 1863 by Kempson. It is constructed from stone under a roof of mixed concrete and clay tiles with timber framed tower and shingle spire. The church has not been used for worship since 2006. The churchyard is maintained and in use but the building is showing signs of significant neglect. Rainwater goods are absent, the roof is in poor condition and there are signs of structural movement in the walls. The building is to be offered for sale; planning permission was granted for re-use as a dwelling but has lapsed.

Church of St Andrew, Wolferlow - Herefordshire, County of (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St Andrew
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1217197
    Local Planning Authority:
    Herefordshire, County of (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Andrew
    Unitary Authority:
    Herefordshire, County of (UA)
    Parish:
    Wolferlow
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    North Herefordshire
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation