Tomb of John Lawson, St Mary's Churchyard, St Mary's Road, Wimbledon SW19 - Merton

Table tomb on a stepped podium, dating from circa 1704. There is evidence of joints widening and the plinth collapsing. A condition survey has been carried out, funded by Historic England. The church, Local Authority and Historic England are working together to secure funding to enable the necessary works to be carried out.

Tomb of John Lawson, St Mary's Churchyard, St Mary's Road, Wimbledon SW19 - Merton
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    TOMB OF JOHN LAWSON IN CHURCHYARD OF 6 YARDS TO NORTH OF CHANCEL
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1080886
    Local Planning Authority:
    Merton
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Commemorative monument

Location

    Building Name:
    Tomb of John Lawson
    Street Name:
    St Mary's Road, Wimbledon
    Locality:
    St Mary's Churchyard
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Merton
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Wimbledon
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Not applicable
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Unknown
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II, CA