Audience Insights: Review of Historic England’s Online Advice and Guidance
Historic England commissioned Pye Tait Consulting to research whether Historic England's written advice and guidance provides the right information to the right audiences in the most effective way.
The multi-faceted methodology for this audience insight research comprised
- a desk review of HE advice and guidance sources
- 13 stakeholder interviews
- an online survey of users and non-users of HE advice and guidance (423 responses)
- 40 follow-up telephone interviews with a cross-section of survey respondents
- two roundtable discussion forums.
All research took place between April and October 2017.
The final report includes recommendations about how Historic England can best meet the needs of its users in the future and the most appropriate formats/approaches for producing written advice and guidance. This research will inform decisions about future priorities and integration with other forms of capacity building.
The research was conducted by Adrian Smith, Project Manager at Pye Tait Consulting.
We are very grateful to everyone who took part in this study and shared their views.
For further information about this report please contact us at: [email protected]
- Executive summary
- Content and coverage
- Structure and style
- Use of HE advice and guidance in practice
- Shaping the future
- Appendix 1: Survey respondent profile
- Appendix 2: Suggestions for new/additional HE advice and guidance
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]