A Charter for the Greater London Archaeological Advisory Service (GLAAS)
This Charter sets out how Historic England will provide archaeological advice and the Historic Environment Record for Greater London.
The GLAAS Charter explains how we handle requests for pre-application advice and how GLAAS should be consulted on planning applications; it covers our advice on matters of policy and management of the archaeological resource; and it explains how we maintain the Greater London Historic Environment Record and work in partnerships with others.
It replaces the previous version published in 2011.
- Our commitment
- National Expertise, Locally Delivered
- Freedom of Information
- Equality Implications
- 1. The Role of Our Archaeological Service in London
- 2. Our role supporting development plan-making
- 3. When GLAAS should be consulted about proposals for development
- 4. Our Advisory Service
- 5. Consulting the Greater London Historic Environment Record
- 6. Contact Us
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 18
Also of interest...
Here you can find out about the work and services of the Greater London Archaeology Advisory Service (GLAAS).
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]