Research Framework for Forest of Dean District
Forest of Dean Archaeological Survey Stage 4: Module 3 Project Number 5291
By Jon Hoyle
This document is a sub-regional research framework for the Forest of Dean district in the western part of Gloucestershire.
It consists of:
- A review of the current state of knowledge, describing the archaeological and palaeoenvironmental resource.
- An identification of knowledge gaps and research questions to address them.
- A strategy setting out research priorities and potential methodologies to inform future research.
Historic England funded the Archaeology Service of Gloucestershire County Council to prepare this document.
- Sources of information about archaeology in the Forest of Dean
- The earlier prehistoric periods: Palaeolithic to Neolithic
- The later prehistoric periods: Bronze Age to Iron Age
- The Roman period
- The Medieval period
- The post-medieval and modern periods
- Industry and trade
- Research themes and actions
- Bibliography and sources
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 273
Also of interest...
Research Frameworks help us identify what is important and provide research questions and objectives to help co-ordinate our research effort.
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]