Scheduled Monuments - A Guide for Owners and Occupiers
This guide explains the implications of scheduling for you as the owner or occupier of a scheduled monument and summarises the main provisions of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979 (as amended) ('the 1979 Act'), which is the legal framework for the protection of scheduled monuments. The guide does not attempt to be fully comprehensive and you are strongly advised to consult us, or seek independent professional advice, before carrying out any works that might affect the site of a scheduled monument.
- What is scheduling?
- How does scheduling affect you?
- Obtaining Scheduled Monument Consent
- Class Consents: works for which consent has been granted by Order
- Managing a scheduled monument
- Financial assistance
- Contact details for our Local Offices
- Other useful information
- Appendix 1: Class Consents
- Freedom of Information
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]