26 and 28 Highgate, Kendal, Cumbria

26 and 28 Highgate, Kendal, Cumbria
Photograph taken 1956 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: AA56/07408

This 17th-century timber-framed building, with a shop front added in about 1828, housed a printer-stationer who had diversified into insurance and a library. Its styling makes it somewhat incongruous with the later buildings on either side. The passageway appears to lead to workshops at the rear.

Location