6-14 Castle Street, Bridgwater, Somerset

6-14 Castle Street, Bridgwater, Somerset
Photograph taken 27 March 2007 © Mr John H. Sparkes. Source Historic England Archive ref: 373843

These houses were built in 1723-8. They were built for James Brydges, Duke of Chandos. They were built by Benjamin Holloway or Fort and Shepherd, the Duke's London surveyors. They form an important group of houses in Bridgwater. They are unusual for their scale and ambition anywhere outside of London's West End.

Location

Somerset Bridgwater

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

housing terrace georgian architecture Georgian (1714 - 1836)