Abbey Building, Daventry, Northamptonshire
This building was built in 1826 as a National School. The National Society for Promoting the Education of the Poor supported the building of National Schools on behalf of the Anglican Church. It is built on the site of a medieval priory. This may be the Cluniac Priory of St Augustine. It was founded originally at Preston Capes in c1090. It was moved to Daventry in 1107-8. It apparently reported directly to La Charite (France) in 1298,1390, and 1405. It was Dissolved in 1525.