Abbey Church, Wymondham, Norfolk
View of St Mary and St Thomas of Canterbury Abbey Church with the abbey (priory) ruins visible behind. Wymondham church was part of a Benedictine Priory founded 1107 which became an independent Abbey in 1449. It was a daughter house of St. Albans and was dissolved in 1538. The Norman Priory church survives partially, together with the east arch of the chapter house, which is the only surviving part of the monastic quarters.