Abbey Lane Gatehouse, Abbey Lane, Thornton Curtis, North Lincolnshire
This Crossing Keeper's house with crossing gates was built in 1849 for the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway. It was begun by the Great Grimsby and Sheffield Junction Railway as a part of their mainline from Gainsborough to New Holland. It opened to traffic in 1848. By this time the railway company had amalgamated with other companies (1 January 1847) to become the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway.