Albert Warehouse, Gloucester, Gloucestershire
This bonded warehouse was built in 1851. It was built for a William Partridge a corn merchant and property developer from Birmingham. The term 'bonded' means that it was used to store imported goods before they had been inspected by customs or any taxes had been paid on them. Goods would then either be taxed, sold on or re-exported without paying any tax on them. In 1869 it was converted to a flour mill for a James Reynolds. This was the first mill in the Gloucester Docks in which roller milling machinery was installed (in 1882).