Amport C of E Primary School, Amport, Hampshire

Amport C of E Primary School, Amport, Hampshire
Photograph taken 24 July 2003 © Mr David Easton LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 140023

This school was built in 1815. An inscription states that the widow of a Mr Thomas Shepheard had it built. It had been her husband's intention to build a school house 'for the use and benefit of the poor children of this parish'.

Location

Hampshire Amport

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

school education philanthropy Georgian (1714 - 1836)