Augustine Steward's House, 14 Tombland, Norwich, Norfolk
Looking towards the front elevation of Augustine Stewards three storey house next to Tombland Alley, with St George's Church visible behind. This timber framed house was built by Augustine Steward in c1549. He was a wealthy merchant who was Sheriff in 1526, Mayor of Norwich in 1534, 1546 and 1556 and Burgess in Parliament in 1547. The building was extensively restored in 1900. It was again restored in 1944 after a fire damaged the roof.