Bablake School, Coventry, West Midlands

Bablake School, Coventry, West Midlands
Photograph taken 21 May 2001 © Mr John Barlow LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 218502

Bablake School was built in the 14th century as priests' quarters for the collegiate church of St John. It was remodelled 1560 as a boys' hospital and later became a school. After the school removed to Coundon Road in 1890 the building was used as offices for General Municipal Charities and governors of Bablake School.