Battersea Park, Festival Gardens, Battersea, Greater London
Battersea park was formally opened by Queen Victoria in 1858. The park focused more on sporting facilities than horticultural displays. Part of the park was requisitioned for use as the Festival Gardens in the Festival of Britain in 1951. Whilst it was intended as a one-off, year-long exhibition, the funfair remained a permanent attraction until it was closed in 1974.