Beamsley Hospital, Beamsley, North Yorkshire

Beamsley Hospital, Beamsley, North Yorkshire
Photograph taken 27 October 2000 © Mr John Turner . Source Historic England Archive ref: 323699

This building was originally almshouses. It has the inscription "This almes-house was founded by that excellent Lady Margaret Russell, Countesse of Cumberland, wife of George Clifford, third Earl of Cumberland, 1593, and was more perfectly finished by her only child, the Lady Annie Clifford, Countesse-Dowager of Pembroke, Dorsett and Montgomery 'God's name be praised"'.