Becket Chapel, Church Street, Wymondham, Norfolk

Becket Chapel, Church Street, Wymondham, Norfolk
Photograph taken 01 July 2004 © Mr Gary Hacon. Source Historic England Archive ref: 386104

This chapel was founded in 1174 by William, Earl of Arundel. After the Dissolution, in Edward VI's reign (1547-1553), it was made into a school. In 1873 it was restored and reopened as a public hall. It then became a county branch library.

Location

Norfolk Wymondham

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

chapel religion faith education school library Medieval (1066 - 1484)