Bell cage in Churchyard, Rectory Hill, East Bergholt, Suffolk

Bell cage in Churchyard, Rectory Hill, East Bergholt, Suffolk
Photograph taken 20 June 2002 © Simon Peachey. Source Historic England Archive ref: 278755

This structure was built to house the bells after the west tower of a nearby church was abandoned.

Location

Suffolk East Bergholt

Period

Tudor (1485 - 1602)

Tags

religion faith bell timber church Tudor (1485 - 1602)