Beswick Cooperative Society Building, North Road, Manchester, Greater Manchester
This building was built in 1912 by the Beswick Cooperative Society. It contains shops and a meeting hall. Beswick Co-operative Society was registered on 4 June 1892 and its first branch was opened on 25 January 1894 at the corner of Mill Street and Carruthers Street in Ancoats, Manchester. It traded in grocery, drapery, hardware, shoes and boots, butchering, furnishing, tailoring, coal, flour, baking and dressmaking. The society became a part of the Co-operative Retail Services in 1959.