Borough Bridge, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
There was a bridge at this point over the River Ure by the 12th century. It was timber at the time of the Battle of Boroughbridge in 1322. It had been rebuilt in stone by the mid 16th century. It was constantly repaired throughout the 17th-18th centuries. It was widened to nearly twice its original width in 1780 for the sum of £420, using the designs of John Carr. It was again widened in 1969.