Borough Gardens, Dorchester, Dorset

Borough Gardens, Dorchester, Dorset
Photograph taken 1890s © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: OP10456

Borough Gardens lie on the west side of Dorchester. They were laid out to a plan by William Goldring of Kew and were opened to the public on 30th July 1896. The bandstand was donated in 1897 as a memorial to Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.

Location

Dorset Dorchester

Tags

park garden people leisure house