Bramhall Hall, Stockport, Greater Manchester
This timber framed Hall dates from around the 15th/16th century. The private chapel is thought to date from the reign of Richard III. The chimney bears the date 1592. In spite of some rebuilding and replaced timbers, Bramhall Hall is a splendid example of its period with a high degree of decoration. Around 1070 William the Conqueror gave Bramall to one of his followers, Hamon de Masci, the first Baron of Dunham Massey. During the next 800 years just three families would own the estate: the Davenports, De Bromales and Nevills. In 2011 the house is open to visitors and hosts events.