Brewery, Colchester, Essex
The brewery was constructed in 1888 by H Stopes. An inscription on the factory states "the Colchester Brewing Company Limited 1888". The company's history evolved when the Eye and Falcon breweries were merged to form the Norfolk and Suffolk brewery in 1886. Then, in 1887 Messrs. C. Stopes and Sons of East Hill joined the partnership. This led to the company moving to Colchester and becoming known as Colchester Brewing Company Limited.