Brown's Restaurant, Queens Road, Bristol
This building was originally a museum and library. It was designed by Foster and Ponton in 1867-71 in a Venetian Gothic style. It was gutted by bombing during World War Two. It lost much of its original decorative detail including pinnacles and parapet. It was completely reconstructed inside in 1950. It was then used as the university refectory and is a restaurant at present.