C W Ray, Saddler, Market Place, Botesdale, Suffolk

C W Ray, Saddler, Market Place, Botesdale, Suffolk
© Copyright Historic England Archive ref: aa98/09419

This late medieval hall house was remodelled in the 17th century, with the date 1637 on the panel on the gable end. The jettied cross-wing has become a shop, occupied at this date by C W Ray, Saddler, with a workshop to the rear. Four horse collars are displayed, leather side out.

Location