Carliol House, Market Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
The ground floor showroom in Carliol House, showing various electrical products including a stove and vacuum cleaners. Carliol House was the headquarters offices of the North Eastern Electricity Supply Company. It was built in 1924-8. The company was established as the Newcastle upon Tyne Electric Supply Company in 1889. The North Eastern Electric Supply Company was responsible for the supply of electricity to a large amount of North East England until the nationalisation of the British electricity industry with the Electricity Act 1947.