Chatham Naval Dockyard, Kent

Chatham Naval Dockyard, Kent
Photograph taken July 2001 © Copyright Historic England Archive ref: NMR/21303/10

This aerial photograph shows the dry docks at Chatham Dockyard. The site was first used in 1547, but its busiest period was in the 19th century when 2 ships every year were being launched. The dockyard closed in the 1980s and is now a museum.

Location

Medway Chatham

Period

2000s (2000 - 2009)

Tags

aerial view dock sea water boat ship industry museum 2000s (2000 - 2009)