This aerial view shows the GWR railway line coming in to St James station. The station was built in 1894. St Georges Road is in the foreground. St Gregory's Roman Catholic church is on the right. The Catholic School of Saint Gregory The Great is just above the railway lines next to the sidings for a coal merchant. The railway turntable was directly alongside the school grounds. The station closed in 1966. Eventually the whole site was cleared and a large supermarket, flats and office blocks were built.