Church of St Peter, St Peter's Street, Canterbury, Kent

Church of St Peter, St Peter's Street, Canterbury, Kent
Photograph taken 22 September 2004 © Mr Brian Didmon. Source Historic England Archive ref: 441709

St Peter's was built in the 14th to 15th cenuries on the site of a Roman Christian church. The exterior is built from flint and rubble stone along with some pieces of Roman brick. Roman and Saxon tiles from an earlier building were reused when the Bell Tower was built.

Location

Kent Canterbury

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

church religion faith Roman (AD43 - AD409) Medieval (1066 - 1484)